Please note that the below message has been sent to shippers and consignees by Sinotrans Container Line. VAT is only applicable to charges paid in China. Charges paid in Australia are exempt from VAT.
Sinotrans Integrated Logistics
Customer Service Department
Notification of Value Added Tax (VAT)
In accordance with the new circular 37 of Cai Shui (2013) with effect from 1st August 2013 and in order to ensure your good company’s benefit, the following decision is made by our company through the careful research and discussion on the relevant freight/charges payable by the customers on behalf of your good company.
- Import freight and its relating chargesOur settlement deadline is set on “30th July 2013”. For all the import freight and its relating charges paid by the import customers before 30th July 2013 (including 30th July 2013), it will be settled according to the original tariff.
- Export freight and its relating charges
An additional 6-7% of value added tax and its related taxes arising from VAT will be levied on top of all charges payable at People’s Republic of China (PRC) from 1st August 2013 (invoice issuance date).
- Demurrage Charges Our settlement deadline is set on “30th July 2013”. For all the import and export demurrage settled before this deadline, it will be settled before this deadline, it will be settled according to the original tariff.
- We would like to announce that;
After the above mentioned deadlines listed in item A-C, an additional 6% of value-added tax and its related taxes arising from VAT will be levied from the customers on the basis of each due charge.
- Port Dues Since 1st August 2013, for all the non VAT invoices incurred from the port dues paid on behalf of the shipping company, we’ll transmit the original invoices or an additional 6% of value added tax and its related taxes arising from VAT will be levied from the shipping company.
In case that the shipping company has released its own notification on VAT, such notification shall prevail.We will closely concern on the latest news from the ministry of Finance (MOF) and the State Administration of Taxation (SAT) of PRC and timely keep your good company informed of any major developments on this subject. We really appreciate your kind understanding and support to us. Should there be any further questions, please feel free to contact us PIC as follows:Mr. Guan Shiyun, Finance Department manager of Sinoagent,
TEL: 63757398 or 63757000*6409
Ms. Helen He, Customer service department manager of Sinoagent
TEL: 63757195 or 63757000*5615